qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Async get
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:03:08 GMT
Nithesh Shetty wrote:
[snip]

> Now the problem  is it give exception if u check the call stack then
> it show ptr = 0x00000000 line 664
> qpid::sys::SystemInfo::getProcessName()
> qpid::client::ConnectionHandler::ConnectionHandle()
> qpid::client::ConnectionImpl::ConnectionImp()
> qpid::client:Connection::open() ( open connection is from read thread)
>
> tested the above code on windows

There's a bug in the windows code for getProcessName which might be the cause of
your woes.

std::string SystemInfo::getProcessName()
{
     // Only want info for the current process, so ask for something specific.
     // The module info won't be used here but it keeps the snapshot limited to
     // the current process so a search through all processes is not needed.
     HANDLE snap = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot(TH32CS_SNAPMODULE, 0);
     if (snap == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
         return 0;
         ^^^^^^^^

This return statment is constructing a string from a 0 pointer which is going to
lead to a null pointer crash. I don't know if its likely to be the cause of your
crash since I don't know under what circumstances you'd get the
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org