qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Acquire Mode
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:40:23 GMT
Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I think i should rephrase my statement.
>
> Is there any way to browse a queue for message ( after getting the message i will process
the message ) and then delete the message.

Yes, you can have a subscription in NOT_ACQUIRED mode, then try to
acquire it and if successful accept it which will result in it being
dequeued.

You could have a look at Subscription::acquire() and
Subscription::getUnacquired(); if the acquire is successful the id is
removed for the unacquired set.

(You can of course also use Session::messageAcquire() directly. This
returns the set of messages actually acquired by the command).

> regards,
> Nithesh

queue to subscriptionManager . I mean SubscriptionSettings settings;
>> settings.acquiremode = ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE.
>> LocalQueue local_queue;
>> then u call subscribe(local_queue, queuename, settings);
>>   now if i want to change settings i mean change the acquiremode to ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED
then do i need to  call subscribe function again with the change in settings to NOT_ACQUIRED.

> Yes, you would. You are creating a new subscription. Note that if you are finished with
the first subscription (in ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE), you should cancel that.

> [Perhaps also worth pointing out that in PRE_ACQUIRE mode you can release messages if
you don't want them (this won't stop them being redelivered however). And in NOT_ACQUIRED
mode you can try to acquire received messages.]