qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Acquire Mode
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 12:24:30 GMT
Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I there any way to change the acquiremode of a localqueue after subscribing the queue
to subscriptionManager . I mean
> SubscriptionSettings settings;
> settings.acquiremode = ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE.
> LocalQueue local_queue;
> then u call subscribe(local_queue, queuename, settings);
>
> now if i want to change settings i mean change the acquiremode to ACQUIRE_MODE_NOT_ACQUIRED
then do i need to  call
> subscribe function again with the change in settings to NOT_ACQUIRED.

Yes, you would. You are creating a new subscription. Note that if you
are finished with the first subscription (in ACQUIRE_MODE_PRE_ACQUIRE),
you should cancel that.

[Perhaps also worth pointing out that in PRE_ACQUIRE mode you can
release messages if you don't want them (this won't stop them being
redelivered however). And in NOT_ACQUIRED mode you can try to acquire
received messages.]

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org