qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: SubcriptionManager run
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:25:11 GMT
Nithesh Shetty wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have implemented a reader class to asynchronously received msg from the broker.
> For that i have derived from MessageListener and implemented the receive function.
>
> to start recived i have called subscriptionManager run function but
>
> the control of the program doesn't return from the run function unless we call cancel
> in the receive function .
>
> I want the control to return from run. is there any way to do that

The purpose of SubscriptionManager::run() is to dispatch incoming
messages to registered listeners which is why it does not return.

If you wish to have the dispatching done on a separate thread (created
by the qpidc library) you can use SubscriptionManager::start() (don't
forget to call SubscriptionManager::wait() before exiting).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org