qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: 0.5 and 3rd party persistence store
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 21:20:02 GMT
lroloson wrote:
> I am trying to build the 3rd party persistence store module. I have
> used SVN to get the 0.5 release from https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.5-release/

> , and I am able to get that built on Linux (the broker and the
> examples build without error).  I got the 3rd party modules from http://anonsvn.jboss.org.repos/rhmessaging/store/trunk/cpp

>   and configured per the FAQ to use the qpid checkout. bootsrap and
> configure of the 3rd party seems to be completing without error. But
> the make step is failing here:
>          then mv -f ".deps/JournalImpl.Tpo" ".deps/JournalImpl.Plo";
> else rm -f ".deps/JournalImpl.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
>   g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Werror -pedantic -Wall -Wextra -
> Wno-shadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wno-long-long -
> Wvolatile-register-var -Winvalid-pch -Wno-system-headers -I/root/
> Development/workspace/0.5-release/qpid/cpp/src -I/root/Development/
> workspace/0.5-release/qpid/cpp/src/gen -I./gen -DRHM_CLEAN -pthread -g
> -O2 -MT JournalImpl.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/JournalImpl.Tpo -c
> JournalImpl.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/JournalImpl.o
> JournalImpl.cpp:29:45: error: qpid/management/ManagementAgent.h: No
> such file or directory
> I do have the ManagementAgent.h file, but it is not in the path shown
> above, it is 0.5-release/qpid/cpp//src/qpid/agent/ManagementAgent.h. I
> believe I have revision 3466 of the 3rd party source.
>
> Any help would be appreciated ... thanks
>
> Larry Roloson

Larry,

The trunk of the store tracks the trunk of the Qpid SVN.  Since you are
using qpid 0.5, you will need to use an older version of the store
(there have been API changes to the plugin interface since 0.5).  Try
using revision 3373 from the store SVN to build against qpid 0.5.

Alternatively, of course, you can build from the trunk for both the
store and qpid if you wish.

Regards,

-Ted

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org