qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid + Java without JMS...?
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 06:59:41 GMT
Robert Greig wrote:
> I seem to recall that we bind both to the unnamed exchange and
> amq.direct. There was a lot of debate at the time about this (well I
> argued about it!). I was and still am of the opinion that the unnamed
> exchange is pointless and confusing and introduced for a very bad
> reason - namely treating the protocol as an API.

Yes, there is always a binding to the default exchange for each queue,
using the queue name as the binding key. This is created automatically
by the broker and the bindings from the default exchange cannot be
altered (except indirectly through the creation and deletion of queues).

The default exchange in my view is that it provides an error free direct
addressing mode for queues and avoids the need for any explicit bindings
in that simple case. To me that has value.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org