qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid + Java without JMS...?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 15:34:05 GMT
Aidan Skinner wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM, Bryan Kearney<bkearney@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> The only thing I could see is that some of the exchange binding as done
>> through JMS is a bit odd. I create 3 JMS "Queues" which result in on QPID
>> queue being created with 2 bindings. If there was a more logical connection
>> between QPID queue and JMS Queue as well as binding and message selector
>> then perhaps it might be easier.
>
> That seems... odd. I would expect 3 JMS queues named A, B and C to
> result in 3 Qpid queues called A, B and C bound to amq.direct with
> routing key of A, B or C respectively.

I would actually expect (or at least prefer!) those 3 JMS queues to
correspond to three queues named A, B and C bound only to the default
(nameless) exchange.

As mentioned before that fact that queues are dynamically created when
you subscribe to them but not when you publish to them is odd.

I agree that the mapping of JMS to AMQP in its current form is not
always the most intuitive. Trying to do something that might be natural
in AMQP through JMS is also not always intuitive (and on occasion not
possible).

However my own recommendation would be to use JMS and point out the
awkward aspects of this mapping with a view to improving things. Having
a stable API is a very useful thing (as Mr Greig has pointed out more
than once!).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org