qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: Target date for C++ Broker on Solaris?
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 17:48:17 GMT
Hi Thomas,

> As I can read on the main page, a Solaris Version of the C++ Broker
is
> planned. Is there any known target date or a timeline?

Not that I'm aware of. The effort made a lot of progress but I've not
heard much from the principal person involved in a while.

> I want to use Qpid in a planned project but the specifications are:
> - Based on C++
> - XA Support
> - OS: Solaris
>
> Therefore I am thankful for any hints.

I suggest you grab the latest source and give it a try. The
persistence support (XA) is not there natively. You may be able to use
the persistence store from Red Hat, but beware that it carries LGPL
licensing.

I'm working on a store that'll be Apache licensed and, while Solaris
is not a target for the current effort, it should be relatively
straight-forward to get it going there as well once it's done - figure
a month or so.

Please let us know how you make out.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org