qpid-users mailing list archives

From RickW <rick....@in-deptheng.com>
Subject Re: Interupting SubscriptionManager::run()
Date Sat, 04 Jul 2009 15:29:38 GMT

Follow up to the thread:

We now use QPID two ways. (1) Message-driven programs willing to relinquish
control permanently to QPID call SubscriptionManager::run(). (2) Programs
that are not totally message-driven (those needing non-message events like
timers or operator input) use LocalQueues. Their main loop checks for other
events and then check the LocalQueues for messages.

We have been unable to make the non-message-driven programs efficient. The
main loop burns 100% CPU unless we add sleeps, which means we are doing
nothing when there could be messages to process.

We really need something like a SubscriptionManager::runTimed(interval)
call. It would process messages  (or block if none is available) for the
specified interval and then return. Is there some way to do this?

Rick