qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Harvey Li" <harve...@Objectivasoftware.com>
Subject RE: Always "Waiting for CPG initialization"
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:56:17 GMT
Thanks. Your note is really helpful.
I installed openais and re-made the project. I could get help usage with cluster.so module.
But when I failed to start my broker by blocking on the message "notice Waiting for CPG initialization".
(Without cluster it works fine)

My command to start the broker likes "src/qpidd --load-module cluster.so --cluster-name cluster1".
What should be the cluster name? Is it arbitrary?
Should I add more options like --cluster-url?

I am still wondering about how the cluster nodes share the persistent data. They don't need
to share a relational database or share a data folder? unbelievable...

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Mon 2009-6-15 18:41
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Cc: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to build the Active-Active cluster?

Harvey Li wrote:
> I didn't get details on how to build a A-A cluster in Qpid C++.
> Except in FAQ. Where can I find it? I will appreciate if someone
> points it out.
>
> Yes. I found some document about Federation and qpid-route. But I
> think federation and cluster are totally different concept, aren't
> they?

Yes they are. The cluster support should be automatically built (as a
dynamically loadable plugin, cluster.so) if you have openais and
openais-devel installed when configuring.

There is a little bit of information in the INSTALL notes distributed
with the code about this and getting ais configured and started. To
start a cluster all you should require is then to run qpidd with the
cluster module loaded and a --cluster-name option supplied.

Hope this helps a little...

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org