qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shan Wang" <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: I can't make a queue full
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2009 15:47:44 GMT
Actually I can see the error message now, the limit works, just not very
accurate, when set to 1MB, the actually limit is about 6MB.

Thanks,
Shan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: 04 June 2009 16:34
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: I can't make a queue full

Shan Wang wrote:
> I used to run a broker with producers but no consumers for days, and I
> got the following errors in the broker's log message:
>

> 009-jun-02 11:41:40 error Unexpected exception: Enqueue capacity
> threshold exceeded on queue "message_queue". (JournalImpl.cpp:539)

As the queue is durable, when the limit is reached new messages are
written to disk and released from memory. They are still on the queue
however.

If you want a hard limit then set "qpid.policy_type" to "reject" in the
arguments map for the queue (or use qpid::client::QueueOptions to do
this).

> I think that means the message_queue is full at that time.
>

> But now when I use the --default-queue-limit option to limit default
> queue size to 1048576 bytes(1MB), and keep on pushing messages to the
> queue, I can't see the above error messages any more, even the message
> size in the queue is more than 3MB(according to qpid-tool). Also after
> few seconds, it seems qpid broker will reduce the queue size to some
> extent, maybe by dumping some old messages to filesystem? So is there
> any way I can guarantee to fill in a queue with messages?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Shan
>
> The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and
for the use of the addressee only, unless otherwise indicated. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or
disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify
the sender by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896
0011) and then delete the email and any copies of it. Opinions,
conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business of this
company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG
Index plc is a company registered in England and Wales under number
01190902. VAT registration number 761 2978 07. Registered Office: Friars
House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number
114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org