qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Antoine Hebert" <Antoine.Heb...@Ticketmaster.com>
Subject Cluster/failover
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:00:07 GMT
Hi, I'm pretty new to Java and to JMS as well, I want to perform Qpid
clustering and failover tests. I searched the documentation and I'm not
sure I do things properly. I use the C++ broker with Java clients.

First I have two boxes with Qpid:
- boxA inet addr: 192.168.1.204 mask: 255.255.255.0
- boxB inet addr: 192.168.1.96 mask: 255.255.255.0

So I set /etc/ais/openais.conf totem.interface.bindnetaddr = 192.168.1.0

I have two other boxes to use for a publisher/subscriber test. I use the
following setting:

connectionfactory.qpidConnectionfactory=amqp://guest:guest@clientid/test
?brokerlist='tcp://192.168.1.204:5672;tcp://192.168.1.96:5672'

I start qpid using './qpidd --load-module cluster.so --cluster-name
cluster1', the second cluster gives me a message saying it's joining
cluster cluster1 and that it "caught up, active cluster member". So I
guess everything is ok on this side...

When I start the publisher and subscriber everything works all right.
All the messages are delivered properly...

If I kill boxB, boxA gives a message "last broker standing, update queue
policies" and all messages continue to be delivered without any problem.

if I kill boxA instead, both the publisher and the subscriber give me a
connection aborted message and messages stops to be delivered.

org.apache.qpid.transport.ConnectionException: connection aborted
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.Connection.closed(Connection.java:428)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.Assembler.closed(Assembler.java:113)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.InputHandler.closed(InputHandler.java:
201)
        at
org.apache.qpid.transport.network.io.IoReceiver.run(IoReceiver.java:151)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

It seems my pub/sub are ignoring the cluster itself and that they are
connecting to the boxA directly.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message contains information which may be confidential or privileged.  If you are not
the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify me immediately by telephone.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org