qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Harvey Li" <harve...@Objectivasoftware.com>
Subject RE: cluster
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 09:43:06 GMT
Hi all;
I'm also new and I'm wondering the cluster related feature about java
version. Please forgive me to ask a trivial question. But the website
tell me nothing about java version
http://qpid.apache.org/faq.html#FAQ-Clustering%2CFederationandDisasterRe
covery
And the URL in your email has expired.
Did you have any update? Or could you please kindly point out where I
can find the document about it?

Best regards,
Harvey Li

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Ritchie [mailto:ritchiem@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 5:32 PM
To: qpid-users@incubator.apache.org; cctrieloff@redhat.com
Subject: Re: cluster

2008/5/23 Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com>:
> Lars Bachmann wrote:
>>
>> hello,
>>
>> Im new to qpid and have one question. Does qpid support a cluster of
>> brokers and if yes has anyone some experience (good or bad) with it ?
What
>> about failover and load balancing ?
>>
>> Lars
>>

> M2.1 supports client failover so active-passive setup can be setup
with the
> type A-P software, cluster-suite, veritus etc... there is active
-active
> cluster support work being done currently on the C++ trunk broker,
there was
> a cluster module for Java broker, but that is being planned to be
redone.

> One of the guys that know the M2.1 failover code well can provide more
> details.

As Carl says the M2.1 Java code base has an active-passive setup for
the broker. For the client it has all be hidden away. All that a user
need do is to specify the two brokers in the connection url and the
client will automatically attempt to connect to the second broker if
the first goes down.

Details of the Connection URL can be found here :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/ConnectionURLFormat
The Java cluster module was for M1 and had serious problems as AMQP
0_8 which M1 supports has no support for clustering.

What are you trying to achieve with clustering perhaps the upcoming
work on Message Federation (QPID-946) for the Java broker will suit.

Regards

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie