qpid-users mailing list archives

From William Henry <whe...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data Transfer
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 16:22:20 GMT
Hi Wes,

It is possible. Unfortunately the only C++ example I can think of this is currently in the
management (QMF) code.  I'll try to get another example out soon.

Have a look here:
cpp/src/qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp

Simply, the steps are:
You create a Buffer and then use the various put APIs (e.g. putLong, putDouble etc.) to put
the binary types in the Buffer. You then place that Buffer in the data portion of the message.
On the consumer side you extract the Buffer and then use the various get APIs (e.g. getLong,
getDouble etc.) to retrieve the values from the Buffer.

Best,
William

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org