qpid-users mailing list archives

From Marcus Schröder <marcus.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Using the Java client
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 12:04:21 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to set up a QPID system here and am running the M4-C++
Broker, which I can access with the C++ and Ruby clients. The Java
client, however, I cannot get working.

When trying to compile the code examples, a bunch of errors occur:

mss@marcus-desktop:~/Desktop/qpid-0.5/java/client/example/she/qpid/example/simple/reqresp$
javac -cp /home/mss/qpid-client-0.5/lib/qpid-all.jar Client.java
----------
1. ERROR in Client.java (at line 24)
	import javax.jms.Connection;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
2. ERROR in Client.java (at line 25)
	import javax.jms.ConnectionFactory;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
3. ERROR in Client.java (at line 26)
	import javax.jms.Destination;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
4. ERROR in Client.java (at line 27)
	import javax.jms.JMSException;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
5. ERROR in Client.java (at line 28)
	import javax.jms.Message;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
6. ERROR in Client.java (at line 29)
	import javax.jms.MessageConsumer;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
7. ERROR in Client.java (at line 30)
	import javax.jms.MessageListener;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
8. ERROR in Client.java (at line 31)
	import javax.jms.MessageProducer;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
9. ERROR in Client.java (at line 32)
	import javax.jms.Queue;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
10. ERROR in Client.java (at line 33)
	import javax.jms.Session;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
11. ERROR in Client.java (at line 34)
	import javax.jms.TextMessage;
	       ^^^^^^^^^
The import javax.jms cannot be resolved
----------
12. ERROR in Client.java (at line 41)
	public class Client implements MessageListener
	                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MessageListener cannot be resolved to a type
----------
13. ERROR in Client.java (at line 62)
	Connection connection;
	^^^^^^^^^^
Connection cannot be resolved to a type
----------
14. ERROR in Client.java (at line 63)
	Session session;
	^^^^^^^
Session cannot be resolved to a type
----------
15. ERROR in Client.java (at line 64)
	Destination responseQueue;
	^^^^^^^^^^^
Destination cannot be resolved to a type
----------
16. ERROR in Client.java (at line 67)
	MessageProducer _producer;
	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MessageProducer cannot be resolved to a type
----------
17. ERROR in Client.java (at line 70)
	connection = ((ConnectionFactory)
lookupJNDI(CONNECTION_JNDI_NAME)).createConnection();
	               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ConnectionFactory cannot be resolved to a type
----------
18. ERROR in Client.java (at line 72)
	session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
	                                          ^^^^^^^
Session cannot be resolved
----------
19. ERROR in Client.java (at line 74)
	Destination requestQueue = (Queue) lookupJNDI(QUEUE_JNDI_NAME);
	^^^^^^^^^^^
Destination cannot be resolved to a type
----------
20. ERROR in Client.java (at line 74)
	Destination requestQueue = (Queue) lookupJNDI(QUEUE_JNDI_NAME);
	                            ^^^^^
Queue cannot be resolved to a type
----------
21. ERROR in Client.java (at line 85)
	MessageConsumer responseConsumer = session.createConsumer(responseQueue);
	^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MessageConsumer cannot be resolved to a type
----------
22. ERROR in Client.java (at line 93)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
23. ERROR in Client.java (at line 100)
	TextMessage txtMessage;
	^^^^^^^^^^^
TextMessage cannot be resolved to a type
----------
24. ERROR in Client.java (at line 116)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
25. ERROR in Client.java (at line 127)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
26. ERROR in Client.java (at line 136)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
27. ERROR in Client.java (at line 156)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
28. ERROR in Client.java (at line 158)
	System.err.println("A problem occured while shutting down the
connection : " + e);

         ^
e cannot be resolved
----------
29. ERROR in Client.java (at line 169)
	public void onMessage(Message message)
	                      ^^^^^^^
Message cannot be resolved to a type
----------
30. ERROR in Client.java (at line 174)
	if (message instanceof TextMessage)
	                       ^^^^^^^^^^^
TextMessage cannot be resolved to a type
----------
31. ERROR in Client.java (at line 176)
	TextMessage textMessage = (TextMessage) message;
	^^^^^^^^^^^
TextMessage cannot be resolved to a type
----------
32. ERROR in Client.java (at line 176)
	TextMessage textMessage = (TextMessage) message;
	                           ^^^^^^^^^^^
TextMessage cannot be resolved to a type
----------
33. ERROR in Client.java (at line 188)
	catch (JMSException e)
	       ^^^^^^^^^^^^
JMSException cannot be resolved to a type
----------
33 problems (33 errors)

-------
When I add the javaee.jar from a current GlassFish installation to the
classpath, these get reduced to:

)mss@marcus-desktop:~/Desktop/qpid-0.5/java/client/examplehe/qpid/example/simple/reqresp$
javac -cp /opt/SDK/lib/javaee.jar:/home/mss/qpid-client-0.5/lib/qpid-all.jar
Client.java
----------
1. WARNING in Client.java (at line 233)
	Context ctx = null;
	        ^^^
The local variable ctx is never read
----------
1 problem (1 warning)

----------
Running the result fails, however:
)mss@marcus-desktop:~/Desktop/qpid-0.5/java/client/example/she/qpid/example/simple/reqresp$
java Client
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Client
(wrong name: org/apache/qpid/example/simple/reqresp/Client)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:56)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

Any suggestions how to resolve this? My setup is running on Ubuntu
8.04 (in a VM). I use the Sun Java SDK 1.6.0_07 and tried the 0.5-RC2
Java client for this.

Kind regards,
Marcus

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org