qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data Transfer
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 12:41:47 GMT
Wes Parish wrote:
> Is the Qpid C++ Client API capable of transferring binary data?  It seems like the only
data type in qpid/client/Message.h is the std::string (data field of TransferContent.h).

> I am interested in transferring segments of binary data, and not ascii strings.  Is this
possible with the current Qpid C++ API implementation?  I have not researched the AMQP protocol
much yet, but had assumed this would be possible with the wire protocol.  If it is not currently
implemented, but it is possible, would it be as simple as overridding the TransferContent
and Message classes and working backwards from there?

std::string in C++ is simply a string of bytes, which can include 0 bytes. So
you can transfer binary data in a std::string like this:
char* p = start_of_data;
size_t len = length_of_data;
std::string s(p, len); // contains a copy of data.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org