qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Binary Data Transfer
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 16:28:48 GMT
To clarify further...  You can put any arbitrary binary content into the
body of an AMQP message.  William is illustrating how to use the AMQP
codec to safely encode typed data in binary form.  Using the AMQP codec
allows you to not concern yourself with issues like endian-byte-order in
multi-byte integers.

-Ted

William Henry wrote:
> Hi Wes,
>
> It is possible. Unfortunately the only C++ example I can think of this is currently in
the management (QMF) code.  I'll try to get another example out soon.

> Have a look here:
> cpp/src/qpid/agent/ManagementAgentImpl.cpp
>
> Simply, the steps are:
> You create a Buffer and then use the various put APIs (e.g. putLong, putDouble etc.)
to put the binary types in the Buffer. You then place that Buffer in the data portion of the
message. On the consumer side you extract the Buffer and then use the various get APIs (e.g.
getLong, getDouble etc.) to retrieve the values from the Buffer.