qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Map messages and using QPID & store module for a store&forward queue
Date Wed, 20 May 2009 00:17:20 GMT
Omri Schwarz wrote:
> Hi, all. I have QPID checked out from SVN, along with the RHM store module, to try to
build a simple AMQP
> store&forward durable queue server.
>

> I am trying to use mostly Python, and so I changed the python direct example scripts
so
> that the declare_queues script adds "durable = True" to the queues. That does create
the data_store in all its glory, but then when I load
> the messages and stop qpidd, I see the messages.db file isn't updated with them, and
therefore the messages are not being
> persisted to disk.
>
> Is there something more I should be doing ?
>
> Also, what is the proper way to use QPID to send the equivalent of a MapMessage in Apache
ActiveMQ?

> Thanks, all.

The messages also need to be marked durable. transient messages onto
durable queues are still transient in AMQP. Also note that the
messages.db file is only used for staging, in non-staged durability they
will go into a jrnl file.

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org