qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID help
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 13:32:30 GMT
Wes Parish wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to thank you guys for a great product, however, I am having a few issues
getting qpid setup correctly.  I am able to bring up qpid fine on either testbroker1 or testbroker2,
but once a broker is running on one machine I am unable to start qpid on the other.  The error
message is as follows:

> 2009-may-18 07:47:57 critical Broker start-up failed: Exchange already exists: amq.direct
(MessageStoreImpl.cpp:489)

That is a known issue. When adding a new member to the cluster, it must
have an empty store (otherwise the state of the store and the state
retrieved from the other cluster members will clash).

If you use '--data-dir /path/to/store/data' and ensure that for all but
the first node of the cluster that is an empty directory then you should
avoid this issue.

I believe this may already be fixed on trunk, certainly some work has
been going on to address it.

> My configuration is as follows:
>
> Brokers:
> testbroker1 (Broker_Cluster) (TestGroup1)
> testbroker2 (Broker_Cluster) (TestGroup1)
>
> Clients:
> testclient1
> testclient2
>
> All machines are on the the same subnets (multiholmed boxes with 1 dedicated network
and 1 public interface).  I am using the dedicated network for the openais multicast.  Both
brokers are in a clustered configuration and are members of the same group.  Everything was
installed from the RHN binaries v1.1.1 (we are jointly testing things with Redhat).

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org