qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Any idea
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 10:40:46 GMT
Adam Chase wrote:
> Was doing some batch accepting of a possibly large number of messages.
>  And then adding credit.
>
> qpid-tool shows fewer messages (possibly only 1 accepted).
>
> Is this familiar?

What subscription settings are you using? It looks like it might be
related to wraparound of the command ids for transfers, but that is just
speculation at this point.

In 0-10 message transfer from the broker to the client must be
'accepted' (the logical ack, allowing the message to be dequeued) and
'completed' (a session level ack that reallocates credit in windowing
mode and moves the window of in doubt commands).

The command ids become ambiguous every (2^31)-1 commands. Therefore you
cannot allow a received message transfer to remain unaccepted or
incompleted after that number of subsequent commands are received.