qpid-users mailing list archives

From Nominal <nominal...@yahoo.com>
Subject C++ broker getOldestMessageArrival
Date Sun, 10 May 2009 19:58:45 GMT

Greetings,  I am working a project to implement Qpid as a messaging bus for our companies
architecture.  One of the our requirements is to know the age of the oldest message on any
given queue.  I've done searching and found that the java broker offers the getOldestMessageArrival()
method, but I can not find a similar facility in the C++ broker/API,  does something exist
to provide this information in the C++ API?  I noticed that the default queue schema offers
these attributes

messageLatencySamples
messageLatencyMin
messageLatencyMax
messageLatencyAverage

But I am not sure if this is the same thing as getOldestMessageArrival().

If thre is no facility to retrieve this metric in C++, are there plans in include getOldestMessageArrival()
(upcoming M5 release)?  If not what would be involved with patching to add this functionality?

Thanks!

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org