qpid-users mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tmm1-amqp & QPID
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:18:49 GMT
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:

>> What appears to have gone wrong is a field table allocation when it's
>> decoding the framing. I don't have any ruby knowledge but if you
>> wanted to start digging into the client that's probably a good place
>> to start.
>
> If I recall correctly the java broker uses a modified version of the 0-8
> spec and introduces an extra argument to basic.consume. That may well be the
> cause of the problem.

Gordon, your recall is spot on. It's a qpid bug. There's a note in the
0-9 spec about a qpid0-8, which I presume is where this change came
from.

Jesse, does the Ruby client you're working with work with 0-9 or does
it just only work with 0-8? 0-8 is really pretty old at this point and
0-9 has this in the spec.

- Aidan
--
Apache Qpid - Give me convenience or give me death
http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org