qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Roger" <roger.wil...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: SSL problems with Qpid Python client
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:33:19 GMT
Josh

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using Qpid-M4 python client library and Python 2.6.1 on redhat
3.4.6.

I'm beginning to think this is more of a python problem than anything to
do with qpid.

This works...
from socket import ssl

This does not...
from socket import SSLType

The problem is even though I'm not planning on using ssl I can't bring
up a connection because __init__ of the Connection class calls sslwrap
which is defined in terms of socket.SSLType which cannot be found and
throws an attribute error.  So you can choose not to use ssl but only if
you have ssl.

Roger

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Kramer [mailto:josh@globalherald.net]
Sent: 28 April 2009 15:23
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: SSL problems with Qpid Python client

Hello Roger,

> 2. Can I use the Qpid python client without SSL?  The code in
> connection.py would suggest not as a socket is immediately wrapped
> using sslwrap...

The sslwrap method actually determines if you've wrapped the socket in
SSL.  If you have not, it just returns the normal Socket object that you
pass in.  You can indeed use Python without SSL, if that's what you want
to do.

What version of the code are you using?

Cheers,
-Josh

--

-----
http://www.globalherald.net/jb01

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and
should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an
offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is
subject to change without notice.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org