qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Roger" <roger.wil...@lehman.com>
Subject SSL problems with Qpid Python client
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:40:45 GMT
I'm new to Qpid having been using rabbitMQ for a while.

I am running Qpid and the tests on redhat 3.4.6

While running the python client test-suite I repeatedly encounter these
errors...

ERROR: test_queue_query_unknown (tests_0-10.query.QueryTests)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/rogwilso/qpid-M4/python/qpid/testlib.py", line 364, in
setUp
    self.conn = self.connect()
  File "/home/rogwilso/qpid-M4/python/qpid/testlib.py", line 377, in
connect
    password=testrunner.password)
  File "/home/rogwilso/qpid-M4/python/qpid/connection.py", line 67, in
__init__
    Assembler.__init__(self, sslwrap(sock))
  File "/home/rogwilso/qpid-M4/python/qpid/connection.py", line 59, in
sslwrap
    if isinstance(sock, socket.SSLType):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSLType'

Which is of course thrown everytime I try to connect.

Looking at the error and the code it is clear SSLType does not exist (I
am running python 2.6.2 (2.6.1 has the same problems) built with ssl
support on redhat).

This then raises two issues...

1. Where is SSLType and how to I get python to admit it exists?

2. Can I use the Qpid python client without SSL?  The code in
connection.py would suggest not as a socket is immediately wrapped using
sslwrap...

class Connection(Assembler):

  def __init__(self, sock, spec=None, delegate=client, **args):
    Assembler.__init__(self, sslwrap(sock))

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Roger

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  This communication is for information purposes only and
should not be regarded as an offer to sell or as a solicitation of an
offer to buy any financial product, an official confirmation of any
transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email
transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or
accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is
subject to change without notice.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org