qpid-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith...@rrett.us.com>
Subject Re: Authentication woes - C++ broker, Python client
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 19:56:28 GMT
----- "Garrett Smith" <g@rrett.us.com> wrote:
> ----- "Ted Ross" <tross@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Qpidd does not directly access those files.  It simply uses the
>> Cyrus Sasl libraries for authentication and encryption service.  This
>> is why qpidd has no configuration options for SASL.
>
> This was helpful. I was thrown by the qpid-specific configuration in
> /etc/sasl2.
>
> I'm running Debian, which form some reason does not provide a top
> level /etc/sasl2.conf to manage includes from other apps. The db sasl
> looks at by default is /etc/sasldb2 (kinda strange location, IMO).
>
> Once I included the guest user in that file, qpid authenticated
> the connection successfully.
>
> I'll have to rewire the default configuration from the Debian
> packages but at least now I know what the heck is going on.

Looking a bit closer at this, I've opened a JIRA ticket:

I could be off base by attributing this to QPID -- the Debian package is
strangely configured IMO. But it's something that can be addressed in
the QPID build.

For anyone facing this (irritating) problem - create a link from
/etc/sasl to /etc/sasl2 and call it a day.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org