qpid-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith...@rrett.us.com>
Subject Re: Authentication woes - C++ broker, Python client
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:59:56 GMT

----- "Ted Ross" <tross@redhat.com> wrote:

> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> Hi Ted. I'm running qpidd as root at the moment, so unless qpidd is
>> performing operations in a sandbox of some sort, it has access to the
>> files.
>>
>> Is there a way to explicitly configure the sasl file location? There
>> are some options in configure that look like candidates (datadir,
>> etc.) but I'm just wildly guessing at this point.
>>
> Qpidd does not directly access those files.  It simply uses the Cyrus
> Sasl libraries for authentication and encryption service.  This is why
> qpidd has no configuration options for SASL.
>
> What OS are you running?  Which cyrus-sasl packages do you have
> installed?
>
> On my Fedora-10 system, I have the following packages:
>
> cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-debuginfo-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
> cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386

This was helpful. I was thrown by the qpid-specific configuration in
/etc/sasl2.

I'm running Debian, which form some reason does not provide a top
level /etc/sasl2.conf to manage includes from other apps. The db sasl
looks at by default is /etc/sasldb2 (kinda strange location, IMO).

Once I included the guest user in that file, qpid authenticated
the connection successfully.

I'll have to rewire the default configuration from the Debian packages
but at least now I know what the heck is going on.

Thanks!

Garrett

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org