qpid-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith...@rrett.us.com>
Subject Re: Authentication woes - C++ broker, Python client
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:53:42 GMT
----- "Ted Ross" <tross@redhat.com> wrote:

> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I'm running into this error when I try to start a connection, which
>> is configured with what I believe to be a valid username and
>> password:
>>
>>  connection failed (320, u'connection-forced: Authentication failed')
>>
> Please check to make sure that the sasl files (/etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf
> and /var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb) are readable by the user that is
> running the qpidd process.
>
> -Ted

Hi Ted. I'm running qpidd as root at the moment, so unless qpidd is
performing operations in a sandbox of some sort, it has access to the
files.

Is there a way to explicitly configure the sasl file location? There are
some options in configure that look like candidates (datadir, etc.) but
I'm just wildly guessing at this point.

Are there any other techniques for discovering where qpid is looking for
this stuff? Trace logs would be a logical place, but there's no info
there.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org