qpid-users mailing list archives

From Garrett Smith...@rrett.us.com>
Subject Re: Authentication woes - C++ broker, Python client
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 03:27:42 GMT
----- "Joshua Kramer" <josh@globalherald.net> wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> I'm running into this error when I try to start a connection, which
>> is configured with what I believe to be a valid username and password
>>
> Hello Garrett,
>
> Have you tried creating a user account in the noted sasldb?  For
> example, testuser1@QPID with the password testuser1 - and do not
> supply a 'realm' option on the command line when starting qpidd. Then,
> use that username / password in your Python script.

Yes, I've added another user with an explicit password, 'QPID' realm,
no --realm for the qpidd process. Nice dice.

As I commented out every line in /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf and am seeing the
same result, I'm suspecit seems that QPID is not using that configuration.

What's tying qpidd to the SASL config in the first place? Is that hard-
coded or is something I can configure the qpidd conf or provide as an
option?

Garrett

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org