qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Kalle Kärkkäinen" <kalle.karkkai...@intstream.fi>
Subject Direct one-to-many
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:24:28 GMT
Hi,

I'm using M4 java and trunk cpp broker.

i'm experimenting with using direct exchange to do one to many communications, and I seem
to get only one-to-one. It's rather random who get's the message.

I'm doing it like this:

session.exchangeDeclare("exchange", "direct", null, null, Option.DURABLE);

session.queueDeclare("queue", null, null, Option.AUTO_DELETE);
session.exchangeBind("queue", "exchange", "exchange.queue", null);

session.messageSubscribe("queue", "exchange", MessageAcceptMode.EXPLICIT, MessageAcquireMode.PRE_ACQUIRED,
null, 0, null);

Is there some special dance I must do to get the one-to-many scheme going?

My messages are sent with routing key 'exchange.queue', and with one client on server it works
ok, multiple clients, not so much.

I would very much so like to keep using amqp, as jms is not the target technology to learn
here. I recognize that this probably work very well there.

--
Kalle.