qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shan Wang" <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: Is it possible to use a pub/sub exchange but let the listener receive all messages the producer sent
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:14:49 GMT
No I wanted to remove the messages after all the clients have consumed
them. Basically my producer and consumer will be in completely different
systems, they shouldn't have any knowledge of the running status of each
other. But the consumers have to receive all messages generated by the
producer.

By the way I'm using c++ client so things like JMS won't help me much.

Actually I think it's impossible to implement if the broker itself
doesn't know how many clients have to be dispatched. Imagine if one of
the two clients is dead, what should the broker do...

Probably a separate queue is a better solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Conway [mailto:aconway@redhat.com]
Sent: 01 April 2009 13:28
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to use a pub/sub exchange but let the
listener receive all messages the producer sent

Shan Wang wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> According to the document, normally a listener of a publish/subscribe
> kind of exchange can only receive messages after it begins running. Is
> there any way to let the listeners receive all the messages ever sent
by
> producer?
>

> Basically what I need is to have multiple listeners subscribe to the
> same queue and each receive exact the same messages sent by the
> producer. It does seem to be possible using QPID.

You can have your subscribers browse rather than consume from the queue.
That
way messages are never removed from the queue and are still available to
new
subscribers. Of course the queue will grow without limit but I gather
that's
what you want.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index plc is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org