qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Authentication woes - C++ broker, Python client
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:16:56 GMT
Garrett Smith wrote:
> ----- "Ted Ross" <tross@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> Garrett Smith wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running into this error when I try to start a connection, which
>>> is configured with what I believe to be a valid username and
>>> password:
>>>
>>>  connection failed (320, u'connection-forced: Authentication failed')
>>>

>> Please check to make sure that the sasl files (/etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf
>> and /var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb) are readable by the user that is
>> running the qpidd process.
>>
>> -Ted
>>

> Hi Ted. I'm running qpidd as root at the moment, so unless qpidd is
> performing operations in a sandbox of some sort, it has access to the
> files.
>
> Is there a way to explicitly configure the sasl file location? There are
> some options in configure that look like candidates (datadir, etc.) but
> I'm just wildly guessing at this point.

Qpidd does not directly access those files.  It simply uses the Cyrus
Sasl libraries for authentication and encryption service.  This is why
qpidd has no configuration options for SASL.

What OS are you running?  Which cyrus-sasl packages do you have installed?

On my Fedora-10 system, I have the following packages:

cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-debuginfo-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-lib-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386
cyrus-sasl-2.1.22-19.fc10.i386

> Are there any other techniques for discovering where qpid is looking for
> this stuff? Trace logs would be a logical place, but there's no info
> there.

If there are any problems accessing sasl config files, I believe logs
entries appear in /var/log/messages.

-Ted