qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QPID M4 & Trunk Ruby Bindings
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:44:51 GMT
Jesse W. Hathaway wrote:
>>> I am brand new to AMQP as well as QPID
>>>
>>> When attempting to use the Ruby bindings with
>>> the example code I get the same error message from M4
>>> as well as from the trunk.
>>>
>>> /home/jwh/tmp/qpid-svn/trunk/qpid/ruby/lib/qpid/connection.rb:139:in
>>>   `start': Qpid::Timeout (Qpid::Timeout)
>>>   from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in `synchronize'
>>>   from /home/jwh/tmp/qpid-svn/trunk/qpid/ruby/lib/qpid/connection.rb:137:in `start'
>>>   from examples/hello-world.rb:32
>>>
>>> I am running the default server configuration.
>>>
>> Are you using the Java server or the C++ server?
>
> The Java server, I haven't made any changes to the default configuration other
> than increasing the logging.

The hello-world example for the ruby client requires AMQP 0-10. You
would need to use qpidd (i.e. the c++ broker) to run that.

>> If you run qpid-tool, can you connect to the server? Can you run the
>> example programs from other languages?
>
> qpid-tool just hangs, but never timeouts, if I telnet to 5672 and enter
> some characters the server does respond with `AMQP`
>
> example programs from other languages seem to result in the same type of
> errors either timing out or just hanging.

The other examples also require 0-10 (with the exception of the JMS
example which is independent of version) as does qpid-tool. Again, these
will work only with qpidd.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org