qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Kearney <bkear...@redhat.com>
Subject Session pattern
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:05:44 GMT
I am curious how folks are addressing using QMF in a web application
type model. Assume that I have a webapplication which can host n users.
If the users can access a backend service via QMF and I want to track on
the backend some notion of state and/or who the user is then I seem to
need to do the following:

1) Have one console instance per user.
2) Add the userid (or session id) onto every request and roll my own
session cache.

Has anhyone solved this in a better fashion? This seems analagous to
issues with JDBC drivers.. where I may want to track who the user is in
the DB.. but not open many connections.

-- bk

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org