qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Message size and authentication
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:09:33 GMT
Stefan Aeschbacher wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I observed the following behaviour with the C++ broker on FC10 (with
> qpidd installed via yum and also a svn co from today). If I try to
> send a message with data bigger than ca. 64KB, the call to
> session.messageTransfer blocks. If I disable authentication with
> "--auth no",  messages of any size (tested up to 10MB) pass easily as
> expected.
>
> I used the "direct" example with a small modification to generate
> messages of different sizes (e.g. for (int j=0; j<165536; j++)
> message_data << "c";) to test this. With j<65495 as limit to fill
> message_data, qpidd even crashes.
>
> Is this a known/reproducible issue?

It is not a known issue. What authentication method are you using? (A
log from the broker for a case where a single message is sent using
authentication would show this).

Do you have any backtraces for the crashes? Or pstack output for the
case where the transfer hung?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org