qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: how to resolve Enqueue capacity threshold exceeded error
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:40:17 GMT

When you declare the queues via qpid-tool you can also use

    --file-count N (8)   Number of files in queue's persistence journal
    --file-size  N (24)  File size in pages (64Kib/page)

to set the storage for the queue, or if declared via code can be passed
as arguments.

The store uses a mechanism of pre-allocation for max queue size, queues
can be
declared with alternate sizes etc... but this is what you ran into. In a
later version I
believe the ability to auto-expand will be supported.

Carl.

qpid_user wrote:
> after referring to an pdf on amqp i did following::
>  ./qpidd --num-jfiles 64 --jfile-size-pgs 128 -p 5004 --auth no --default-queue-limit
0 --load-module msgstore.so
> i could send 400000 messages also.
> My query is now if an application sends messages continuously and the datasize varies
anywhere between 200 Bytes - 2048 Bytes. could anyone tell me what should be appropriate value
of --num-jfiles & --jfile-size-pgs flags?
> is there any other option to be added while executing broker(qpidd)?
>
> I read the explaination given on https://store.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/1.1/html/Messaging_User_Guide/chap-Messaging_User_Guide-Persistence.html
> but did not get an clear idea as to why are these persistence options required?
> could anyone please explain me the same?
>

> we are trying to send 10000 messages of around 2720 bytes on test basis
> when direct_producer is executed following error occurs:
>
> 2009-apr-13 10:21:29 warning Broker closed connection: 501, Enqueue capacity threshold
exceeded on queue "message_queue". (JournalImpl.cpp:575)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org