qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Clustering for Load Balancing
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2009 00:26:48 GMT
khayman218@hotmail.com wrote:
> Is there any documentation explaining how to cluster qpid brokers for load balancing
as opposed to reliability (failover)?

> The documentation for setting up a broker cluster says that the Active/Active model is
the default, and it provides for enhanced load-balancing.  However, when I cluster two virtual
RHEL5 instances (on separate physical machines) I usually get similar (or worse) perftest
results when compared to a single virtual/physical machine.

If you are only after load-balancing, the a federation setup would be
the way to go

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org