qpid-users mailing list archives

From Yanick Duchesne <yanick.duche...@imetrik.com>
Subject virtual host feature
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:47:42 GMT
Hi,

Based on the Qpid doc, I am testing the virtual host feature with 2
consumers that connect to the same broker using the following URLs:

   - consumer 1: amqp://guest:guest@/*test*
   ?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'
   - consumer 2: amqp://guest:guest@/*dev*?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

My producer is sending messages by connecting to the following:

   - consumer 1: amqp://guest:guest@/*test*
   ?brokerlist='tcp://localhost:5672'

The weird thing is that I see the message's content being output by either
consumer 1 or 2, despite my producer connecting to the 'test' virtual host,
corresponding to consumer 1...

I saw on the web site that Qpid can be configured with a virtualhosts.xml
file, in which a per-virtual host config can be provided. For the
virtualhost feature to be working, must the virtual hosts be configured in
that file ?

If not, is there something else to do to make sure that messages are
exchanged over the proper virtual host ?

p.s.: it is not quite clear in the doc on the site how this feature works/is
enabled... Same goes for the 'clientid'...