qpid-users mailing list archives

From RickW <rick....@in-deptheng.com>
Subject Re: Interupting SubscriptionManager::run()
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:41:27 GMT

Why don't you just have the subscription manager running in its own
thread?  I think that's the way it was designed to run.  Depending on
what you do in your listener, you might need to use some locks.

I don't think that will work for me. QPID is a replacement back-end for an existing messaging
API. Not all users of the existing API can tolerate listeners called on a different thread.

Or you could use LocalQueues which allow you to call get and they will
take care of the synchronization.

This will work, but I think it means I have to do my own message routing. (Read from the LocalQueues,
figure out who wanted the message and call their listener(s).) This still may be my best option.

Can several queues feed the same LocalQueue?

Would my approach have worked? Or does stop() have to be called from listener thread?