qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: M4 C++ build on Redhat 5
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:30:49 GMT
> I have read the INSTALL document contained in the
> qpid-cpp-m4.tar.gz file. I
> used yum to install ruby and boost, I have exported the path
> information per
> section 2.3. When I run configure I get the following error;
> ls: /src/qpidc-0.4/./../specs/amqp.0-10-qpid-errata.xml: No
> such file or directory
> checking for library containing dlopen... no
> checking for library containing clock_gettime... no
> checking for clock_gettime... no
> checking for clock_settime... no
> checking for valgrind... no
> checking for rpmlint... no
> checking for ruby... ruby
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... no
> checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... no
> checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... no
> configure: error: Missing required header files.
>
> I am not trying to build from the trunk, I am not sure why it
> is looking for the specs?

It's just checking for the presence of the specs to see if the code
should be generated or not - the message is a bit confusing, but you
can ignore it.

It's choking because it can't find boost/shared_ptr.hpp as an
indication that the boost headers are available.

> I have exported the CXXFLAGS, and the headers are
> there - but they are not being seen.

Did you install boost-devel in addition to boost? Boost-devel has the
header files the configure is looking for.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org