qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sandy Pratt <prat...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: A few clustering/failover questions
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:44:21 GMT
[snip]

> It's that simple. What will happen is that the restarted node be will
> be re-synced to the active state of node B, and you can continue on.
> the clients will also be notified that
> the cluster-membership changes (Java & C++), so even if node B is
> brought back on a different IP address the client will know where to
> fail-over to.

Correction,  no rename of the jrnl dir is required, it will do that for
you automatically.... just restart node A with the same cluster-name as
node B.

It will do the rest for you...
Carl.

..

Thanks for the clarification, Carl.  I wonder if my broker is in a bad state.  I'll re-initialize
the installation and see what happens.  As to that, do you recommend clearing out /var/lib/qpidd
to re-init?

Thanks,

Sandy

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org