qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shan Wang" <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: a question about the FailoverManager
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:32:46 GMT

I tried to set heartbeat to 5, 10, and 30 seconds, but it didn't seem to
take any effect, the failover still takes ages. Actually in
ConnectionSettings.h I found the following comments:

	/**
     * Allows a heartbeat frequency to be specified (this feature is
     * not yet implemented).
     */
    uint16_t heartbeat;

I'm using the redhat build which I believe is based on M4 version, and
the above code is from M4 source code too. I can see in trunk this has
been fully implemented now, but I expect for such a important feature
redhat should have had it in there release.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index plc is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org