qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: how to programatically create thousands of topics (for marketdata)?
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:30:12 GMT
falconair,

Since I don't do this kind of thing myself, I may not understand all of
the issues in your application domain. Let me see if I understand what
the issues are.

1. There are many topics. You want to use hierarchies to manage them.
Wildcards do that well in the topic exchange.

2. You want to create topics dynamically, at run time, without using a
predefined properties file. I think this is possible using
'session.createTopic(topicName)', where topicName can use wildcards like
'usa.*', '*.news', etc.

What am I missing? What other issues are there?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org