qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: how to programatically create thousands of topics (for marketdata)?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:56:22 GMT
falconair wrote:
> The main reason I can't have pre-defined topics (in properties file or database) is because
symbols are changed every day (some may be added, some may be deleted, some may just change
slightly).

> Maintaining an accurate list of these symbols is not trivial (some large banks have groups
dedicated to this).

> After sending the original message, I realized that I might be able to take advantage
of selectors or 'where clause' like functionality.  In other words, I could subscribe to level1
but limit the values to "symbol=MSFT" (which means only MSFT should travel down the wire to
the client, nothing else).  Can't find if qpid has this capability or not though.

you can also use the exclusive binding key feature. it has been used for
this use case before

http://qpid.apache.org/cheat-sheet-for-configuring-exchange-options.html

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org