qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: how to programatically create thousands of topics (for marketdata)?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:45:43 GMT
falconair wrote:
> I would like to publish market data through qpid.  Since I have massive amount of data
flowing through the pipes, I can't publish all that data to a single topic, since the client
may only be interested in one or two symbols.  The usual solution to use a hierarchical topic
naming scheme.  In other words, rather than publishing every thing to "level1," I want to
split data according to symbols "level1.msft," "level2.orcl," etc.    Clearly I can't have
a pre-defined list of topics in some properties file.  What is the best way of solving this?

> I am using qpid m4 or MRG (C++ broker) with jms client api.
>
> Thanks

The fastest way to load so many queues is to use async session when
declaring them. the default for declare is sync. This will mean that the
creation
will get batched. once they are all created call sync() on session.

regards
Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org