qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: about sasl
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:03:22 GMT
doublefox1981 wrote:
> I use PLAIN mechanism, the os is CentOS5.1, and the c++ client run on
> windows. I test the user and password use sasl-sample-server and
> sasl-sample-client, It's right, but via qpid, the user auth is wrong.
> should c++ client build to support sasl? thanks...

There is an open Jira tracking that issue[1], I'll have a look at that
shortly. If you try specifying the mechanism explicitly in the client it
should work.

E.g. if you are running the examples, try replacing the connection code
with the following:

     ConnectionSettings settings;
     if (argc>1) settings.host = argv[1];
     if (argc>2) settings.port = atoi(argv[2]);
     if (argc>3) settings.mechanism = argv[3];
     else settings.mechanism = "PLAIN";
     Connection connection;

     try {
       connection.open(settings);
       Session session =  connection.newSession();
       //... then continue as before

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-1733

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org