qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: batch accept issues?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 20:27:20 GMT
Adam Chase wrote:
> I've attached a test that sometimes fails on my system.
>
> It may not be the simplest example.
>
> It tends to occur when the client is on a different machine than the
> server.  (Not sure if it is timing related or not).
>
> declare_queues.
> producer puts 1000 messages split among 2 queues.
> consumer subscribes to both and batches accepts to a third of the messages.
> Once we've "accepted" 100 we actually do the accepts.
>
> The consumer logs how many messages its accepted.
> When I run qpid-tool, I occasionally don't see many message deletes at
> all (much less than the consumer reports).
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the delayed response; there just aren't enough hours in the
day sometimes! How often is occasionally? Running your example code
against the latest trunk I wasn't able to reproduce the issue.

Broker was on remote box, I declared the queues, ran the producer, ran
the consumer several times and verified that the counts matched up with
that reported by qpid-tool (obviously the stats reported by qpid-tool
are periodic snapshots, so you do occasionally need to wait a short
while then recheck the counts).

I'll try and convert this to something that can be run and verified
automatically.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org