qpid-users mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: clustering crash
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:49:08 GMT
Carl Trieloff wrote:

> Two comments,
>
> In terms of clustering, M4 is quite old and there are a lot of fixes on
> trunk, soon to be 0.5 This
> would be the better location to work from for clustering
>
> To the second question, if the AIS multicast network backs up, it will
> push back on producers.

There have been a lot of changes in the clustering, particularly in the area of
flow control. I'd suggest first moving to the latest trunk and then see where
you are from there.

In particular, pushing back on producers is one of the things added since
December. qpidd now sets a limit on the amount of data "in transit" thru openais
per connection so it can match the read rate from qpid producers to the rate
thru openais. openais itself has had recent fixes in this area also, so update
that as well.

> Adam Chase wrote:
>> I may be reading this wrong, but can't the servers slow down if the
>> replication is lagging too much?

Not entirely sure what you mean, did my comment above answer this?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org