qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:06:03 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Returning to the original problem, when the test is in progress, how many
>>
> queues does 'list queue' show you? Are there any unexpected queues in that
> list?
>
> Thanks for the replies Gordon. Here is the information you requested.
>
> My publisher does not create any queues and as expected i do not see any
> queues
>
> My client creates a server queue (name pyclient-feeds-queue-<uuid>) and a
> local queue (named local_feeds-<uuid>). I see all the server queues
> (recognized from the name). The no of server queues also correct.
>
> In the brief time i took to rerun the tests my broker has gone from startup
> to 900 Meg. (3000 odd messages per sec / 500 byte message size)
>
> Thanks
> gs
>
> qpid: list queue
> Objects of type org.apache.qpid.broker:queue
>     ID    Created   Destroyed  Index
>
> =========================================================================================
>     129   18:23:00  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queue4d58340c-be70-b547-9083-380419a62374
>     921   18:23:02  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queuea2f411cd-62f5-cf45-81b7-843b2d191ffb
>     1713  18:23:04  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queuef67ce21b-0b7a-754f-8737-485c718e9636
>     2429  18:23:05  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queue8aa3f2c0-b6eb-094b-a190-0612424d85d6
>     3138  18:23:06  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queue97429810-49c5-dd42-83c4-59f9ba8aea2d
>     3818  18:23:07  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queue924172a0-2991-584e-b0d3-db977dae2067
>     4792  18:23:09  -
> 103.pyclient-feeds-queue89c0d1bc-d1b0-5c43-a213-a2efea82e9fa
>
> qpid: show 129
> Object of type org.apache.qpid.broker:queue: (last sample time: 18:23:56)
>     Type       Element                129
>
> ============================================================================================
>     property   vhostRef               103
>     property   name
> pyclient-feeds-queue4d58340c-be70-b547-9083-380419a62374
>     property   durable                False
>     property   autoDelete             False
>     property   exclusive              True
>     property   arguments              {}
>     statistic  msgTotalEnqueues       0 messages
>     statistic  msgTotalDequeues       0
>     statistic  msgTxnEnqueues         0
>     statistic  msgTxnDequeues         0
>     statistic  msgPersistEnqueues     0
>     statistic  msgPersistDequeues     0
>     statistic  msgDepth               0
>     statistic  byteDepth              0 octets
>     statistic  byteTotalEnqueues      0
>     statistic  byteTotalDequeues      0
>     statistic  byteTxnEnqueues        0
>     statistic  byteTxnDequeues        0
>     statistic  bytePersistEnqueues    0
>     statistic  bytePersistDequeues    0
>     statistic  consumerCount          1 consumer
>     statistic  consumerCountHigh      1
>     statistic  consumerCountLow       1
> [...]
One thing that jumps out at me when looking at your qpid-tool output is
the extremely high number of bindings on your queue and exchange (22K
bindings on the exchange, 3K bindings on one queue).  This accounts for
the high ratio of msgRoutes to msgReceives on the exchange.

Is your test environment repeatedly creating bindings without cleaning
them up?

-Ted