qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:52:38 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>> If they don't match any bindings they will be dropped by the exchange. If
>> the dropped count is staying the same as the routed count goes up, then the
>> messages are matching a subscription.
>
> My subscription says  arguments={ "x-match":"all", "Type" = "Animal",
> "Species" = "Alien"}.
> My messages have Type="Animal" and couple of other headers but Species are
> anything but Alien.
>
> And about what you said, about subscriptions being dropped - thats scary.
> How can subscriptions be dropped by the borker?

Subscriptions are _not_ dropped; _messages_ for which there is no
matching binding (i.e. no interested subscriber) are dropped.

> How would it know if
> sometime in the future, messages that match those subscriptions are not
> going to start coming in?
>
>> However it sounds like maybe there are queues that you don't expect to be
>> receiving messages that are bound to your exchange. Does 'list binding' show
>> anything up?
>
> All those subscriptions are around even after the clients that have created
> them have exitted and list bindings show that the statistic msgMatched shows
> a big number against them

For those bindings which show a non-zero msgMatched, the queue for that
binding must show a non-zero number of messages enqueued. So for those
binings with a large msgMatched, see what stats are shown for the
corresponding queue.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org