qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Memory pile up on broker
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:59:26 GMT
GS.Chandra N wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>> If you use the tool to look at the subscription queues while the memory is
> climbing you can see the queue depth for these.
>
> That's exactly what I'm confused about because the messages i sent will NOT
> match any of the subscriptions as the tests I'm conducting is to establish
> the load due to a high no of subscriptions.

If they don't match any bindings they will be dropped by the exchange.
If the dropped count is staying the same as the routed count goes up,
then the messages are matching a subscription.

> The queues show 0 for everything except the binding count and the consumer
> count (1).
>
>> Are you accepting the messages after the subscriber receives them (or using
> accept_mode=not_required)? The broker will not dequeue messages from the
> queue until you do so.
>
> I do not do anything special here since i do not accept any messages but the
> queu autoDelete property shows false. Not sure what this means or if it has
> any significance since msgDepth shows 0.
>
> The python code i use to accept messageslook like this
>
> def dump_queue(queue):
>
>   content = ""                   # Content of the last message read
>   message = 0
>
>   while 1:
>     try:
>       message = queue.get(timeout=10000000000)
>       content = message.body
>       session.message_accept(RangedSet(message.id))
>       print "Recieved a message and sent ack"
>     except Empty:
>       continue

Ok, the message_accept there is what will trigger the dequeues.

However it sounds like maybe there are queues that you don't expect to
be receiving messages that are bound to your exchange. Does 'list
binding' show anything up?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org